Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is a Catholic blog carnival where the blogger posts highlights from the week, links back to the host, (RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing) and posts a link in her combox.

This week, I talked about a new favorite monument here in Gettysburg, the 11th Pennsylvania monument, which features Sallie, the brindle bull terrier.

I also talked about the purpose and future of blogging given the new (shorter) communication technology of Twitter and Texting.

I bemoaned the eroding of freedom of the press in a piece about ABC's exclusive teaming up with the White House on health care.

I celebrated All Saints Convent's conversion to Catholicism.

I reviewed It Happened In Italy, a book about the humane treatment of the Jews by the Italians during World War II.

On Friday, I began something new: 7 Quick Takes Friday from the Conversion Diary. It is a great opportunity to share things that are too short for a single post, yet too long for such things as Twitter, or a status update on Facebook.

Have a wonderful week, and enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku