Friday, June 19, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
Seven Quick Takes Friday is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary. It consists of 7 quick things that don't necessarily merit their own post.
1. Tomorrow, I'm going to go to the Lavender Festival in Fairfield, PA. They have workshops, pick your own lavender, lavender iced tea and various venders to buy things from.
2. At the 2006 Lavender Festival, I purchased a bouquet of lavender that I used at the blessing of my marriage to dh that July.
3. Sunday, my family is going to try to catch some brass music. I'm getting mixed messages at different websites as to times and locations, but we hope to catch a concert on Father's Day. DH was a brass player in the Army National Guard.
4. We are also going to be treated to a steak dinner by ds on Father's Day. Poor dh doesn't get steak very often.
5. My dog is going to be on a calendar! For a donation, Sweetie is going to be featured as one of the smaller pictures highlighted each month on the Adams County SPCA calendar. I guess I know what everyone on my Christmas list is getting this year!
6. I cancelled my mom's phone service yesterday. She is happily phone-free in the nursing home and the home phone is no longer needed. It was bitter sweet. She's had that phone number since 1976. The avacado green phone is still hanging on the wall in the house.
7. Per number 6, there have been many, many changes in my life recently and many more to come. I think my light blogging has come from a "pulling in" as a measure of self protection. Middle age is a bit like adolescence. "Change" is the operative word. It is a scary yet exciting time.