Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is brought to you each week by RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing. This week I posted two things about mental health. First, a bit about the efficacy of English Breakfast tea, and second some scripture as God's prescription against anxiety.   Some further scripture uses birds as an image of happily dwelling in God's house.

This week, I also shared St. Francis' Canticle of the Sun, and some pictures of some flowers in my yard for earth day.

A final scripture is from last Sunday's Gospel and talks about how, in spite of our failings, and those of the people who make up the Church, Jesus calls us (and them) anyway.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

Nice, full week of blogging. The pictures of your yard are so beautiful!

Staying in Balance said...

Its funny, every week I don't think I've blogged enough until I do the Sunday Snippets!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku