Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is brought to you each week by RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing. 

This week, I blogged about my easy and cheap adaptive technology for more efficient touch typing. I'm so glad I did it--it makes accuracy much easier.

I also wrote about the passing of Ted Kennedy. It is sad that he never publicly changed his stance on abortion. I actually hadn't known that he had been pro-life in the early 1970's. Every year I hate politics more and more. But the alternative (not having elections) is worse, so I persevere. What would a pro-life Democratic party look like!

I posted about a lot of special intentions. A lot of people need prayers right now.

I posted about a new feature: Poem of the Week. It will feature poetry from my poetry blog(s).

And last but not least, I posted about the outrageous CyberSecurity Act of 2009 which gives the president unprecedented access to our private info and allows him to shut down the internet in the name of security.

3 comments:

TACParent said...

You've been busy ... and you said your blogging would slow down. Glad it hasn't.

Staying in Balance said...

Well, it hasn't yet. Next week i start working every weekday. We'll see how it goes then!

Michele said...

hullo my friend,

iam doing the saint for 2010 again this year. im doing it earlier than usual as there were a lot of requests last year. if you want one for 2010 let me know. your readers if they want one, can drop by the Garden and put in their request there in the post about it. if you like, you can make a post about it on your blog and redirect them to the Garden. God bless you!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku