Saturday, March 05, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is brought to you each week by RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing.

This week's theme was poverty.  We heard John Foley's Cry of the Poor, looked at The Beggar by French painter Jules Bastien-Lepage, and read Living in the Mountains by Japanese poet Jakushitsu Genko.  We also commemorated the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps, looked at St. Katharine Drexel's response to suffering, and explored the parable of the fig tree.


2 comments:

TACParent said...

A full week of blogging and this time I think I actually kept up. Did I? Your word verification is "trophi" ... maybe I get a trophY for commenting each day. LOL

Staying in Balance said...

Yes, you should get a trophy! :)

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku