Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Molly Update

Molly's mom tells us that by tomorrow doctors at Pittsburgh Children's Hospital will make a decision on whether to wean Molly from the Novalung she has implanted.

The hope in all of this, she says, is that she can come off the Novalung safely, her lungs and heart and all of her other vital organs will do their jobs and she'll improve neurologically.

Without successful weaning from the Novalung, Molly will not be eligible for a transplant, and her body risks fatal infection if the Novalung remains in much longer.

The doctors tell her they don't know what will happen and they don't know what the best decision is.

Please pray hard for Molly's recovery and for God's will to be done in this situation.

4 comments:

TACParent said...

I will also pray for her parents that they receive clarity to aid them in their decision making. It is difficult as a parent when the right action isn't clear. God is holding them all in the palm of His hand.

Dymphna said...

Thank you.

Kindred Spirit said...

I will offer my Mass tomorrow for this intention, Dymphna. May Our Lady remain especially close to this family during the next few days.

Dymphna said...

Thanks so much.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku