Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Here are today's Sunday Snippets--a concept originated by RAnn at This That and the Other Thing.

My most Catholic post this week has been the post about today's readings, Healing in Midlife. Scripture is an endless source of inspiration no matter how old one becomes or how many times one has heard these readings read at Mass.

Other posts this week include my exploration of Steampunk, a fascinating design concept based on Victorian technology, a book review, on Haven Kimmel's The Solice of Leaving Early, my Quick Takes Friday on Thursday this week, and today's post lamenting the rise of the uninformed public and death of real news on television, something that Edward R. Murrow prophetically spoke about in 1958.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

Ok, I had to laugh at "my most Catholic post." That just reads so funny to me. I expected it to be followed by "and my least Catholic post..." Though I do know what you meant. This was a good review of your week of blogging.

Staying in Balance said...

LOL! I never thought about it that way!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku