Thursday, June 25, 2009

Quick Takes on Thursday


Here are my 7 Quick Takes for tomorrow.

1. I'm spending the night @ my sister's. We're going to hang out, eat out, and watch television.

2. On Friday, we're taking our mom to her new dentist for some pretty extensive dental work. We hope he can do most of what he needs to do and not have to send her to an oral surgeon.

3. I added a new link category to my sidebar: Midlife Links. In it are three links by Amy L. Harden, Cyber Hot Flash, A Woman of Elegance, and Mindset for Life, and one by Les Brown, Midlife Mastery.

4. On Sunday we celebrate my godson's birthday. He is one of those exceptional babies--happy, calm and wonderful.

5. I'm hoping that my niece's LSAT scores come in today. I know they will show the world how smart she is and what an asset she would be to any law school! :D

6. Last weekend, I went to the PA Lavender Festival and bought a table cloth and some napkins. I decided to use the napkins as a dining room window treatment so I can see them every day.

7. I washed my (former) dining room curtain and put it in the living room. (Sorry, I couldn't get a good pic of that because of the way the light comes in from the sun room. )

2 comments:

TACParent said...

Have fun at your sister's place. It will be a nice respite for you to just hang out. Prayers headed your way (and your mom's) in regards to the dentist. I'm glad your sister is going with you to take your mom to the dentist. I'll have to check out your new links (considering we are only a day apart age-wise). Has it really been a year since your godson was born? Enjoy the day with him. He sounds like an amazing baby. I am sure you niece did well on her test. She is very, very bright. The lavender napkins/curtains look beautiful -- so neat and crisp. I can tell you took your time ironing them and spacing them. As for the "new" living room curtain, way to use a resource you already had. I'm sure it looks lovely.

Staying in Balance said...

My goodness!! You commented on every one of my posts! Thanks!

Confession: I didn't end up ironing the napkins! I just sort of smoothed them out and they looked fine, so I didn't bother!! Let's hear it for not ironing!!!!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku