Thursday, March 01, 2007

In the hands of God

St. Therese of Lisieux was called Sister Therese of the Child Jesus in her religious life. She had a great devotion to the Child Jesus and often thought of herself as His plaything.

The image of being a bit of silly putty or play dough in the hands of God has recently come across my inner radar screen. I think, especially by this age, I am rather used to being in the inner "form" that I currently am. I am, as they say, stuck in my ways.

Recently I have begun to feel overwhelmed and stretched thin. I think that God is purposely stretching me beyond my normal comfort level in order to enlarge my soul to include virtues and character traits that I would not otherwise have, nor even imagine I could possess.

All is in the hands of God. I put myself at the foot of His cross.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I too feel like I am being stretched too thin...I should have more of the attitude you have. Thanks for giving me another view on the situation.

Staying in Balance said...

Thank you for your kind words, Jennifer.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku