Sunday, July 16, 2006

O-R-I-O-L-E-S!

Yahoo! AvatarsDh and I went to an Orioles game last night. Totally cool!!! Some observations--

1) Ramon Hernandez crosses himself before every turn at bat. How many of us would have the guts to display our beliefs so openly, in front of so many people?

2) The crowd seemed much more reserved than I remember in years past. Polite, appreciative, but less...rowdy. Being middle aged, that was fine with me, frankly.

3) IMO, baseball is so much more the true American sport than American football. Its also much better in person, without the commercials!!

4) We WON!!!! 8-1

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku