Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Feast of the Holy Trinity

Holy, holy, holy
Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning
my song shall rise to Thee.

Holy, holy holy
Merciful and mighty.
God in Three Persons
Blessed Trinity

Today is Trinity Sunday--The Feast of the Holy Trinity. Christians believe in Three Persons in One God, and in Trinitarian Baptism
Go therefore, and teach all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
~Matthew 28:19
One way to honor the Holy Trinity is to use the Sign of the Cross more frequently. Use it before and after prayer, before meals, and when receiving the Body and Blood of Christ.

2 comments:

Darrell said...

This Sunday was the first time I got to lector during a Sunday Mass. I read the second reading; the one from Romans about how we are adopted by God through Christ. As an adoptive father, the reading had a very personal meaning to me as well. The Feast of the Holy Trinity will always be special to me now.

Staying in Balance said...

That's so cool, Darrell!! I always think of my dh when I hear that reading, bkz he was adopted as well.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku