Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Art and Beauty Tuesday--Luciano Couselo


I traveled far and wide on the web to find this intriguing piece by Luciano Couselo called "Hot Soup." I like how there is just a suggestion of people and the white hot bowl of soup takes center stage as it certainly would when you are cold and hungry as is much of the world.

The painterly style almost suggests a turban of some sort on the figure on the right, saying perhaps that hunger, like soup, is universal. The color of most of the painting is a mixture of browns with white, yellows and reds, like humanity itself.

Click here to read more and/or purchase this painting.

2 comments:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

I just love your commentary on the colors of the painting. The need for food is indeed a universal connection to all mankind.

Staying in Balance said...

I really appreciate your comments Barbara! I was glad to have found this particular painting.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku