Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Art and Beauty Tuesday--Lou Heiser

Today's Art and Beauty Tuesday is Daybreak Sky by Michigan artist Lou Heiser.

I must confess that I love Heiser's painterly style and the soft but intense colors in this piece.   It almost feels like you can get into the mind of God as He created the earth.  The ability of art to capture a moment that may or may not have ever existed yet was certainly felt is truly an exalted calling.

This piece puts me in mind of the hope of Spring and of creation.

Mr. Heiser exhibits at the Saper Gallery in East Lansing, Michigan.

6 comments:

TACParent said...

I want to be thereeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staying in Balance said...

Me too!!!! Wouldn't it be great for our 50th?

Anonymous said...

"This piece puts me in mind of the hope of Spring and of creation."

I'll drink to that!

Staying in Balance said...

I can't wait for warmer weather!

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Passionate colors with so much energy and movement. Almost like something really big is about to happen. Thanks for this lovely painting.

Staying in Balance said...

You're welcome. I love it too.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku