Saturday, November 20, 2010

Scripture Saturday


Oh Lord,
my heart is not proud
nor haughty my eyes
I have not gone after
things too great
nor marvels beyond me.


Truly I have set my soul
in silence
and peace.
As a child rests
in its mother's arms
even so
my soul.


~Psalm 131

The scripture  from psalm 131 is from today's office of readings.  It tells us the biblical secret to inner peace.  It is best to be able to look realistically at life and the world and rest in God's arms as in a loving mother's.  As my dear husband reminds me, "grow into your limitations."  Sometimes we can not do it all alone.  That's ok.  Rest in God and let Him take control.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your husband's words are right on. We all have some kind of limitations and need to learn to deal with them appropriately and focus on what we can do. Resting in God is not always easy, but it's crucial for our spiritual and emotional wellbeing. I love the Psalms because they display such a wide range of emotions, including people's questions and doubts, while affirming love and faithfulness to God.

Evan

Staying in Balance said...

I love the psalms too. They don't mince words.

TACParent said...

I like picturing God holding me in the palm of his hand. It's very comforting. But thinking of resting my head on His shoulder ... wow, that's pretty awesome too. Let Go and Let God.

Staying in Balance said...

A lesson for us all.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku