On her first day of kindergarten, she passed out at school and was later diagnosed with severe pulmonary hypertension.
She is now in Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, too sick for the heart-lung transplant she so desperately needs. She's been on a heart-lung bypass machine, but can not stay on it indefinitely as it will weaken the rest of her organs. They've done surgery where the doctors have put a small hole in her heart, to relieve the pressure, but so far, efforts to wean her from the machine have been unsuccessful.
This morning she is to have further surgery to implant a Novalung, which is something normally done on adults. The hope is to strengthen her for a heart-lung transplant.
At this point, her family is praying for a miracle. They have spoken to a Passionist priest who is officially petitioning a new candidate for beatification, Father Theodore Foley, for a miracle for Molly.
Molly's Caring Bridge site is here. Please stop by and offer a caring word to her family.
Also, there are many fund raisers going on for Molly's family. If you feel so moved, please choose a way to offer financial support.
- WE ARE ASKING THAT ALL CASH DONATIONS BE MADE THROUGH THIS GROUP TO AVOID TAX IMPLICATIONS FOR THE FAMILY. Checks made payable to First State Mothers of Multiples. Put Dunne family in the Memo line Send to 2615 Dartmouth Woods road, wilm, DE 19810 and I will make sure they get where they need to go. There is an EIN number available if your company matches tax deductible donations
- online AVON event and 20% of all sales will go directly to Kristen and her family. Just follow the link, click the "shop my online event" button, register to order products and use the promotional code FORMOLLY at checkout.http://kimallen.avonrepresentative.com/online_event/view.php?rep_spnsr_evnt_id=54428
- SILPADA fundraiser. www.mysilpada.com/patricia.chamberlain Please call 302.236.0818 or email email@example.com and paypal firstname.lastname@example.org To place your order.
- MARY KAY fundraiser by Lisa Chapman -purchases can be made by visitingwww.marykay.com/lchapman5
- Tastefully Simple Fundraiser - www.tastefullysimple.com/awilliamson1 After you select your order, in your cart you will see Host Look Up. Enter Andee Williamson & it will go towards the fundraiser.
- Friendly's Family Fun Night Fundraiser for Molly Tuesday 10/19 from 5pm-9pm on Kirkwood Highway, Wilm, DE. A portion of ALL sales that will go to the Pike Creek Moms Club and in turn donated to the Dunne's
- There will be a Thirty-One Gifts fundraiser started October 15th. Stay tuned for more info