Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Urgent Prayers Needed

I wanted to ask you to pray hard for my friend, Ed, and his family. He has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. There had been no prognosis yet, but statistically, pancreatic cancer is one of the most devastating of all cancers.

Eighty percent of women diagnosed with breast cancer, for example, are alive after five years. For those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, fewer than four percent survive for 5 years. There is no routine screening test for pancreatic cancer and the symptoms are vague.

My aunt died of pancreatic cancer as did my grandfather. Patrick Swayze, Steve Jobs and Ruth Bader Ginzberg all were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.


Please pray for my friend and for all those who have pancreatic cancer, and for their families.

4 comments:

TACParent said...

I haven't stopped praying, nor will I. May he and his find peace in our Father's love.

Michele said...

praying. keep us posted!

Anne said...

I join you in prayer Dymphna.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks so much, T, Marilena and Anne.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku