Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!

According to Writer's Almanac, today is the birthday of the poet Ogden Nash. His poetry is usually short and to the point--just the way I like my poetry. He was a favorite poet of my grandfather.

Here are two of his poems:

The Parent

Children aren't happy with nothing to ignore,
And that's what parents were created for.

This next one makes me laugh and reminds me of my parents:

The Perfect Husband

He tells you when you've got on
too much lipstick
And helps you with your girdle
when your hips stick.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

NIce poems that make you smile!

Staying in Balance said...

They do!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku