Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Today Shall Be My Darning Day

In honor of today--Epiphany--traditionally the last day of the Christmas season (unless you use Candlemas on February 2) I am posting this Christmas Carol, "Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day." I was singing this to myself last night only the words I used were, "Tomorrow shall be my darning day" because today, I'm going to repair my husband's Christmas stocking (and 2 afghans). So, enjoy The Choir of King's College Cambridge singing, Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day.

4 comments:

Michele said...

i can't sew for the life of me! i keep sticking myself with the needles! i don't bother. :)

Staying in Balance said...

Well, I feel like I don't sew either...but I can do a bit of hand sewing. As long as it doesn't involve any machines for me to break.

TACParent said...

How much did you get done? Did you try the idea of flowers on your afghan? I hope it was a relaxing and rewarding experience.

Staying in Balance said...

I did mom's afghan and dh's stocking. I don't have the flower loom, so I didn't do flowers. Its still a good idea, though.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku