Saturday, January 06, 2007

Unusual weather we're havin', ain't it?

Well, it's a beautiful late spring day here on the east coast of the United States in January! The rain has finally stopped, the sun is out and its 64 degrees. Any minute now, the forsythia will burst into cheery yellow blooms.

This is weird, people. This is very weird. Normally around this time, I'm looking for any excuse to keep up my Christmas decorations, just to stave off the inevidable depression that comes with cold, cloudy darkness. Now, I feel as though I should be putting my Easter things out.

Meanwhile, the poor people in Denver have gotten massive amounts of snow dumped on them again! I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku