Friday, July 21, 2006

Day of Prayer and Penance


The Holy Father has asked that July 23 be a day of prayer and penanace for the current worsening of the conflict in the Middle East,

for an immediate cease-fire between the sides, for humanitarian corridors to be opened in order to bring help to the suffering peoples, and for reasonable and responsible negotiations to begin to put an end to objective situations of injustice that exist in that region


Our Lady of Lebanon, Pray for your people!

4 comments:

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Our Lady's icon is beautiful. It's the first time I've seen it. Our Lady of Lehanon, pray for us.

Staying in Balance said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

I was about to say the same thing. I love that pic, I also have not seen it before.

I pray for a true peace and not a false one...

Amen.

Peace to ALL

Marie

Staying in Balance said...

As cynical as I often am, and as much cynicism as currently surrounds the Middle East generally, I think there must be something to the fact that Our Lord chose the Middle East to make His appearance on earth to save us.

So, in spite of all the current violence, I know the Lord is there; He must be hurting to see all the death that goes on there.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku