Friday, March 31, 2006

Remember Terri

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the starvation death of Terri Schindler-Schiavo. The website Priests for Life have offered the following prayer.
Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know that life is always a good,
and that it never loses its value
when it is beset by weakness or injury.
Lord, thank you for the life of Terri.
Even in her suffering and death
She revealed Your glory
and truth that life is always sacred.
As I remember Terri, I also commit myself
to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

Resist the culture of death wherever you find it.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

This is a wonderful prayer. I'm going to share this on my blog. It's important to remember Terri - to remember the horror in euthanasia. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Thank you for this prayer.

Estase said...

See my Blog Aborting Liberals at Aristotelian Moments@blogspot.com

Estase

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku