Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Rap Music on NPR

It has become obvious to me that NPR (National Public Radio from the U.S.) is aiming toward an increasingly younger demographic. It seems to me that every time I tune in, they are highlighting some other rap "artist". They have even begun talking about the "history" of rap.

The irony is, that most often, the stations that carry NPR either are or were classical radio stations (some have changed to an all news/talk format). I don't know how successful this push toward youth is going to be, but I'll admit, most often, it causes me to change the channel.

I guess I get into rap music about as much as I get into opera. Hmmm...that doesn't bode well for those particular stations either...

1 comment:

Staying in Balance said...

"To speak for the youth, if I tune my radio to my local classical music NPR station, I expect to hear classical music, nothing more nothing less."

That's good to hear!!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku