Thursday, December 29, 2005

Eyeglasses



What's with the Clark Kent glasses that everyone wears now? I've seen otherwise stunning individuals who have given in to the recent style and wear eyeglasses with thick black frames that totally hide their eyes. This style, combined with the recent trend toward smaller and smaller frames all but obscure the faces of the people who wear them.

Perhaps I can't get into the fashion because it reminds me too much of this:




Which proves the adage, if you are old enough to remember the style the first time around, you are too old to wear it now!

3 comments:

Saint Peter's helpers said...

Whao! Brings back memories. I still see older people wearing them. But when I see younger ones, I know they're following the fashion.

Unknown said...

haha, nice picture! I don't wear glasses but sometimes try my mothers ones on, I used to try my dads ones on too. Each time I showed someone they would say "you look like Louey the fly" who is a fly used in a tv advertisment for fly spray over here.
I do think glasses look really good but yeah the ones you showed do hide the eyes. :D

Staying in Balance said...

Louey the fly--I'd like to see that!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku