Friday, August 12, 2005

Daily living

We're in the midst of another heat advisory for the next 24 hours. This time, I'm not praying for rain. If it rains, the septic truck can't get into our back yard to do what it is septic trucks do. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

I am trying to make an effort to get my house looking like the humans outnumber the animals. Actually, we're dead even at this point, but its nice to maintain the illusion.

After relaying a dream I had about a red daschund, my husband said, "You deserve a daschund." In spite of the odd nature of that sentence, it was a very sweet compliment because I have a soft spot in my heart for the little wiener dogs, having grown up with one. But I do love our current sweetie, Sweetie, and wouldn't trade her for the world.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku