Sunday, July 03, 2005

How do you like your hotdog?


July is National Hot Dog month in the states. The hot dog/frankfurter/wiener is eaten in many different ways depending on the region of the country you are from. Here in Gettysburg, we have a wonderful little hot dog place called The Dog House, which serves hotdogs in a variety of ways.

For example, my son's favorite, The Baltimore, has a hot dog, wrapped in fried bologna, with mustard, and saur kraut. (He likes his minus the kraut.) My husband's favorite is The Cashtown which has a sweet BBQ sauce and melted cheese. I had The Boston which serves the hot dog with baked beans and onion. The DC dog has mustard, ketchup and relish. That's the way I liked them when I was growing up. There are many, many more.

What is your favorite hotdog?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I like either Nathan's or Hebrew National hotdogs. I usually eat them with just mustard, but every now and then I like coleslaw on it too.

Hubby likes them with mustard, chili, and coleslaw.

Saint Peter's helpers said...

I like Polish sausage dogs with sauerkraut - yum...I could have one just about now.

4HisChurch said...

Wendy, are you from the southern US? I have never had one with coleslaw on it, but I hear they are popular there.

Wendy said...

I am from NY, but I have lived in VA for the past 4 years. Some of the southern ways have rubbed off on me.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku