Thursday, May 22, 2014

Catholic Mega App

I've got an Android smart phone now and am slowly getting used to what it does and what is available for it.

I ran across a very useful Catholic app called Catholic Mega.  It is on Google Play and has Liturgy of the Hours, Stations of the Cross, the Rosary, the Divine Mercy Chaplet, an art gallery, a prayer wall and a discussion board. It also has the Catholic bible in various languages, the Catechism, Catholic news resources, Busted Halo and Pray as you go podcasts.

It's all you need in one app.

I asked myself last night why I need an electronic app when Catholics have done without one for centuries.  The answer I came up with is that we are now bombarded with all things electronic and we need to evangelize through the new media.

Check it out!

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku