Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Have an Alternative Lent

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday.  When you get to be as old as I am, these changes of liturgical seasons can
sometimes seem to have a weighted sameness about them.  Do I give up chocolate or coffee? Candy or computer?  Read the Bible, or go to daily Mass?  It seems we've done it all before.

That is why I'm always looking for something different and alternative to do for Lent. This year, I stumbled across Simple Living Works, which I really like.  They have a page that lists no fewer than 18 (yes, eighteen!) Lenten calendars.  Most of them match the various liturgical calendars, although, upon first inspection, they all seem to be fine for any year.

Some are longer, some are shorter and they all have different themes. If you are looking for something a little different this Lent, check them out!


No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku