Friday, June 01, 2007

June is the month of the Sacred Heart

As you may notice from my sidebar, June is the month of the Sacred Heart. The Heart of Jesus was pierced at the crucifixion and, from it, blood and water flowed. Jesus told us,
Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: And you shall find rest to your souls.
~Matthew 11:29

Modern devotion to the Sacred Heart was strengthened by St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, a Visitation sister. Christ told Margaret Mary,
Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It has spared nothing, even to consuming itself to witness its love.
Many believe that devotion to the Sacred Heart was completed in the Divine Mercy devotion, which sprung from the visions given to Saint Faustina.
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku