Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Prayer of Forgiveness

Give peace to those who have destroyed our peace;
--we pray:

Lord, have mercy.

Grant love to those who have refused to love;
--we pray:

Lord, have mercy.

Protect from injury those who have done us injury;
--we pray:

Lord, have mercy.

Grant success to those who have competed with us to our loss;
--we pray:

Lord, have mercy.

Give prosperity to those who have taken what was ours;
--we pray:

Lord, have mercy.

~From Prayer for the Morning
Magnificat Magazine

4 comments:

LET'S TALK said...

Hi 4hc, Thanks for stopping by Let's Talk. Thanks also for the prayer from, "Prayer for the Morning, Magnificat Magazine."
I really needed that today as I prepare for one of my many out of town trips this week.
I'll be stopping by every now and then since I've saved your site to my favorits.
I hope this is just one of many prayers you have for the future.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks, Lets Talk! Thanks so much for stopping by again.

Scelata said...

Marvelous prayer, and challenging.

Pax et bonum,
Geri

Staying in Balance said...

Yes, very!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku