Friday, March 16, 2007

Corned beef anyone?

Who is having corned beef tomorrow? How will you cook it?

I realize that corned beef and cabbage is not an authentic Irish dish. Oh well. My theory is that all the silliness around St. Patrick's Day here in the States helps Irish Americans celebrate their heritage. (In the interest of full disclosure, I'd be just as happy if that heritage did not include copious amounts of alcohol consumption.)

I will put my corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot. Gotta love the crock pot! I might try out a recipe (or variation thereof) that I found on About.com that includes cider and brown sugar. Mmmmm!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did the crockpot thing one year. Corn beef tasted like cabbage...cabbage tasted like corn beef. lol

I will be cooking them in seperate pots on the stove.

And my family has been complaining for a week now...they don't like corn beef. lol

Staying in Balance said...

LOL. My dad used to cook them in the pressure cooker every year. I don't think I'd mind if the cabbage tastes like corned beef! :)

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku