Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Poetry Wednesday--Monostiches!

I am excited to share with you all the blog Monostich.  It highlights something I didn't know existed--one-line haiku!  They've got some great one-line ku over there.  Stop by, take a deep breath, and read a few.

Every once in a while, I come up with a one-line haiku and feel a bit guilty about it, but no more--I've written a monostich!

The latest one I've written that I thought lent itself to being a one-liner is this one:

I work well under the pressure of having a job. 

Nothing earth-shattering, but it seems I did stumble upon an actual poetic form!  Perfect for twittering, I think.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku