Thursday, June 23, 2011

Prayer for Control of the Tongue

I wanted to post this Prayer for Control of the Tongue I've seen around the internet.  It is a very good one to  to remember and pray.

It is good to remember this not only as control of the physical tongue, but control of the virtual tongue (i.e., the keyboard) as well.


Dear Holy Spirit, My God. Teach me to speak wisely.

Let me avoid useless thoughts and useless conversations. Help me to speak often for You. Grant that my words may never hurt men of goodwill. May My words always bring consolation to those in sorrow and guidance to those in need. Take my lips and make them Yours. Take possession of my mind and make it an instrument of Your goodness and a channel of truth. I hope to become a man of silence, who prefers to talk to God then to men. In my human conversation, may I always bring them closer to You and You closer to them. I ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen

Our Father* . . . Hail Mary* . . . Glory Be*

4 comments:

newguy40 said...

That is really good. Thanks for sharing that one. Believe me, I can use the help in the "contol of tongue".

Staying in Balance said...

Me too!

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

This is a great prayer to say before blogging or commenting on something we are passionate about.

Staying in Balance said...

Absolutely, Barbara!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku