Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is brought to you each week by RAnn at a This, That and the Other Thing.

This week began with a Music Monday featuring the talented Bobby McFerrin, singing the Wizard of Oz.

Art and Beauty Tuesday featured a hauntingly beautiful painting called The Hope of the Penitent by Robert S. Brown.

I did two book reviews this week, Bread & Water, Wine & Oil by Archimandrite Meletios Webber and Emotional Alchemy by Tara Bennett-Goleman.

I also tried a recipe from the Depression by Clair from YouTube--A Poor Man's Meal.

Today, I talked about the scripture passage that tells us not to let yourself be troubled, and about the shortness of life and, an addition to my icon corner.

It's been a great blogging week.  I'll see you next week.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

I think Monday's post was my favorite this week. They're all good ... but Monday's was very chipper.

Staying in Balance said...

Bobby McFerrin does that to you!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku