Saturday, June 26, 2010

Scripture Saturday

I have been crucified with Christ, and the life I live now is not my own; Christ is living in me. I still live my human life, but it is a life of faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me
Galatians 2:19b-20

To many of us, this scripture verse is a bit scary. My life is not my own? What?! How can that be? How will I be happy unless I control my life myself?

The key to this scripture is "Christ is living in me." What does that really mean? Is this just some sort of saccharine mumbo jumbo? Not when you consider the real meaning of this scripture.

Christ is God and God is Love. Therefore, to live a life not my own and to have "Christ living in me" means to be sharing LOVE with *everyone*, indeed, to be love to everyone.

Impossible?  Absolutely.  That is why there is a God and why we must pray fervently to become more united with Him and more like Him.

2 comments:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

"Be love with everyone". Yikes, do I have a long way to go. Thanks for this reflection. It's a good thing that with God anything is possible.

Staying in Balance said...

Absolutely! Only with God is it possible.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku