Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Novena to St. Dymphna--day six

SIXTH DAY

INTENTION: Relatives and Friends

THOUGHT: In life he has had the joy of his company. Sirach 30:5

PRAYER OF PREPARATION

It is You, great and all-powerful God, whom we worship in paying veneration to Your saints. Our many sins and failings keep us ever conscious of our need for the help of the Blessed in heaven. Their earthly lives give us reason to hope more firmly, to imitate their example more closely, and to seek their aid more confidently in our present trials. We ask the favor of Your grace, most loving Father, in this novena of prayer in honor of St. Dymphna. Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. DYMPHNA

Dear St. Dymphna, I come to you daily during this novena to expose my wants and troubles. I firmly believe that your delicate charity will hear my plea for help.
You know the temporal and spiritual favors I need at this time. Look down graciously upon me and obtain these favors for me from God, the infinitely kind Giver of all good things.
O blessed St. Dymphna, I trust in your protection to be preserved from all bodily and spiritual perils. May I be just and prudent, patient and strong, gentle and kind. From you I await inspiration and encouragement to pursue my vocation, to give glory to my Creator, and to win eternal salvation.
Be mindful of me especially in the dangers and needs of the present hour. Assist me during life and at the hour of death, that it may be well with me for everlasting years. Amen.

PRAYER: Dear St. Dymphna, once more I greet you and thank you for your constant help. Today I should like to pray especially for my relatives and friends.
With all my faults and weak points, they must sometimes find it hard to be patient with me, to bear with my mannerisms and whatever else in me that may irritate them. Now, if only I were more lovable, my changed disposition would bring more sunshine into their lives.
God grant that this may be. It's urgent that I amend my faults that get on others' nerves.
Dear St. Dymphna, please pray to the Lord for my relatives and friends. Implore for them all the blessings they need. Keep a watchful eye on them during their earthly pilgrimage. With your constant aid they will have a safe journey through life, a blessed death in the Lord, and eternal joy with Him in the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

PRACTICE: Be careful always to show your relatives and friends frequent evidence of your regard. Look for an opportunity to pay them honor, extol their virtues, and thank them.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku