Things that used to be part of Easter that I just don't see anymore:
1) Women wearing Easter hats
2) Women getting Easter corsages
3) People buying new clothes for Easter
4) People dressing up for Easter
4) A crowded Easter Vigil Mass
In my circle of experience, none of this occurs anymore and, it makes me a bit sad.
As a child, my mom would get us new Easter dresses, complete with hats, gloves and patten leather shoes, every Easter, to be worn to church for the rest of the year.
Husbands would buy their wives corsages to wear on Easter morning. The world would explode in a rebirth of color. Easter was truly something special in the wider culture.