Sunday, March 21, 2010

Prayer to Our Lady of the Smile

Gentle Mary, My Mother,
I place before you the worries,
hurts and hopes of my heart.
They shrink my soul and I feel heavy and hopeless.
Darkness closes in around me.
I reach out to you,
bright Lady of Hope.
Smile on me.
Smile on my loved ones
and the intentions 

I place before you.
Your tender smile works miracles and heals,
as you did with St. Thérèse,
the Little Flower.

You are my true Mother.
You show the tender mercy of God.
Smile on me, Blessed Mother,
and all will be well.


Hat tip to Crown of Thorns, Crown of Glory.

5 comments:

Michele said...

this is one of my favorite statues of all the Blessed Virgin!!!!

Anne said...

I don't think I've ever seen a statue of Mary smiling before! Is there really a Lady of the Smile? I hope so! It makes me so happy!

TACParent said...

That's beautiful. The staute is so uplifting too!

Anonymous said...

I've never come across "Our Lady of the Smile" before. Thanks for sharing it. What a sweet reminder that the saints are not about being stern but exemplifying the love of God.

Have a blessed Holy Week!

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks, everyone!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku