I haven't done one of these in a long time. Holidays and all.
1) It snowed here again last night. This is actually nice, I think. This is the most snow we've had in quite a while. A nice respite from the existent (or not) global warming everyone's talking about. Anyway, its nice to see seasonally appropriate weather for a change.
2) I downloaded 2 new gadgets to my Windows Gadget sidebar thingy last night. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Windows Vista has a sidebar that you can use to put up a clock, calendar, slide show, etc. There are a few that come with the computer, and others you can download. One I like is a little sticky note pad. I chose the cursive font and now I can write myself notes that stay on my desk top.
I downloaded a clock/calendar/weather thingy that is cool and saves me having to download three separate gadgets. I also downloaded 2 "radios"--one is BBC and the other is CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) The BBC radio has 6 stations and the CBC has more, although they are not always available. Its cool to be able to have music, news and talk available on my desktop! :D
Another gadget I have allows me to search using Google, from my desktop. I really hate Yahoo search and I like having Google right there when I need it.
3) You'd think after 2 or 3 weeks off, I'd have more to say...
4) I'm enjoying my tea pot. Been drinking a pot of tea on most days. Its a great way to get the required fluids, as long as it is not caffeinated.
5) I covered a plastic storage box that had not yet made its way into the basement, with an old (probably "antique" by this point) table cloth cross stitched by my aunt, I think, as many as 50 years ago and put a piece of glass on top. Now it is a handy "put place" as my dh calls it, for the aforementioned tea pot.
6) Today would have been my father in law's 93rd birthday. He died when he was 87 and its hard to believe that much time has gone by. May God rest his soul.
7) I've been discovering some long lost pictures in my basement. I thought I'd lost them and lo and behold, they were safely tucked away downstairs. As a dear friend reminded me, I am being watched over from above. I've been spending time buying new picture frames and hanging up lots of pics. My dh is being very patient about the massive amount of black and white, old family pictures I've been crowding our living room walls with.