Friday, November 27, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. My Thanksgiving was small and nice. I used much of my mother's silver for the first time. *That* felt weird but it was rewarding to be able to use it for my small family. I kept expecting one covered silver dish to be filled with sour kraut. Its a good thing it wasn't because no one would have eaten it!
2. I think I'm mostly over my flu. I still am very aware of the need to rest, though.
3. We are boarding the dog today in preparation for going to my bil's and sil's tomorrow. I always miss her when she's boarding at the vets. She got throughly spoiled yesterday at Thanksgiving.
4. I may put out the Advent stuff today. We'll see how I feel and how motivated I am. I don't think I'll be up to it after travelling on Sunday, and, I have *lots* of Advent stuff, so I figured I'd better start it today.
5. Won't be meeting ds's new gf this weekend. A change of plans necessitated ds going to Pittsburgh instead of her coming to visit him. But we will be meeting her eventually, I'm sure.
6. I'm growing my hair out. It's in that in between stage where it won't do anything by itself, which is the only way I will get my hair to do anything at all. I still haven't really decided what the ultimate hair style goal is either.
7. It is beautiful and sunny out which is a wonderful change. I'm going to have to make a point to get outside. I haven't really been outside much at all since I've had the flu. Wow, that's a bit anti-climactic, isn't it?!