Friday, October 02, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
1. As those of you who read my blog know, my friend has pancreatic cancer. He is 48 years old. Please pray for him and his family.
2. I continue to stay busy wrapping up the sale of my mother's house. It is odd, emotionally, to have some of her furniture here because it means it is no longer there.
3. Also, my family is dealing with the increasing frailty of my mom and now my aunt. There is just no easy way to face this, I think. It's difficult to imagine that an entire generation of my family will be gone very, very soon.
4. My dh and I are practicing for a Song Fest at our neighboring church on Sunday. It has humbled me. There is a big difference between singing along with YouTube and singing without that backup!
5. It's finally cool here. Fall has arrived. Somehow the weather is a surprise this year. I think I'm just not as focused on what season it happens to be right now. One thing I start doing when the weather changes is to light candles in the evening. Cheaper (I think) and easier than lighting a fire. With our finances this year, fires will be few and far between, probably. But candles really warm up the atmosphere.
6. Speaking of that, dh and I were talking about Christmas decorations in light of the new furniture we have around the house. He was commenting that I could put our (small, fake, fiber optic) tree on our tea table or, he teased, we could not put up the tree. Frankly, I was thinking of just doing my gobs and gobs of Nativity related decorations and not doing the tree this year. But, I'll probably end up putting it up very close to Christmas. We'll see. Tradition dies hard with me.
7. I would like to put in a prayer request for my brother in law, who lost a job with a company he has worked for for 30 years. No reward for his loyalty or hard work. He has 2 minor children that he still has to raise.