Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Sunday Snippets is brought to you each week by RAnn at This, That and the Other Thing.

This week was a light week for me--a busy one IRL.

I posted a video which uses The Cry of the Poor, a song we sung at Mass last week, for Labor Day here in the states.  There are so many unemployed and underemployed right now, I thought it was appropriate.

Tuesday was the day the Church in the west celebrates the birthday of Our Lady.  I just discovered that some Eastern Churches celebrate it today!

My Poem of the Week is Adolescent Time, written about the month of September.

Fred and Ginger are continuing their Barkleys of Broadway Theme. 

1 comment:

Michele said...

i am doing a focus on the saints. drop by the garden and leave a comment if you like:D

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku