Friday, August 28, 2009
7 Quick Takes Friday
The week has gone quite fast!
1. I'm back to work now. This semester I'm transcribing some interesting and challenging classes which will doubtless test my newly healed broken wrist. I love learning new things and being involved in classes I never took in college.
2. I'm enjoying my new "computer case", which is actually part of a luggage set. I couldn't resist the purple! The cat is enjoying the computer case as well, though. I'm hoping he somehow decides that shedding all over it is enough, and that he doesn't need to use it as a scratching post!
3. My mom's house is going on the market this weekend. I have a lot of cleaning out of stuff to do on Saturday. I woke up at 5am this morning after dreaming I was looking at houses. Oh, the power of the subconscious to remind me of things I already knew I had to do!
4. I just found out I have high cholesterol and triglycerides. I am assuming I'll go on some sort of cholesterol lowering meds. (My mom is still on them, despite her underweight status and tiny size.) Eating right would be another solution. That would truly take a miracle from God. God is up to the task, I'm sure, because I'm *not* sure I am!
5. My husband is now on Facebook. Once he found out that many of his military buddies were there, he signed up. He's loving the communication, believe it or not. Who said miracles don't happen!?
6. I'm still seeing the spiritual benefits of my Byzantine Rule of Prayer. When one repeats, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner" 300 times a day, it tends to put things into perspective! I'm finding that I am not as quick to judge as I used to be. How can I judge others when I am a sinner too?
7. Now that I'm back to work, I'm sure the blogging will slow down a bit, as will the book reviewing. At the moment, I'm reading a story version of the life of St. Anthony, which is a nice break from the spiritual self-help style books I've been officially reading for review. I'll post reviews of it as soon as I am finished.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed week!