Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday Snippets

Here is today's Sunday Snippets, brought to you via This, That and the Other Thing.

This week, I gave the Old Faithful award to Lifeisgreat--she deserves it. She is the lone reader and poster that is keeping this blog hanging on by a thread of loyalty and hope! I discovered (again) that I am basil, and that I have a poor memory! ;) We had a Fred Astaire Double Header, watching him in Say it with Firecrackers, and watching he and Cyd Charisse dance to Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal.

I discovered, oddly, that I am a member of "Generation Jones"--the forgotten folks born between 1954-1965.  We are the generation that pines for an identity, purpose and a remedy to the cynicism born of watching our country fall apart.   

This week's Outrageous Watch saw Helen Thomas berate White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs for trying to control media access to the President.

On a more specifically Catholic note, I talked about the virtue of Simplicity, our virtue for the month of July, and the theology of Theosis (union with God) via a book review.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

A very full week for you, indeed.

Staying in Balance said...

I did post quite a bit.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku