Thursday, July 30, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


This week has gone unbelievably fast. Here are my 7 quick takes for Friday.

1. Please pray for my friend's mother in law who broke her pelvis. She is an elderly widow and will have to have surgery.

2. My sister and I have been moving furniture from my mom's house. Tomorrow we take her to the dentist again. We are making headway on the things we have to do there and becoming acquainted with muscles we'd forgotten we had.

3. We may have a buyer for my mom's home. Her next door neighbor's daughter wants to move in so she can be near her parents. Pray that she can get a loan and that everything goes smoothly.

4. My son is now the proud owner of his grandfather's, mother's and father's record (as in, vinyl) collection, as well as our record player. Now I have some room for another piece of furniture.

5. There are 2 new movies I would like to see. One is Julie and Julia. Based on a true story, it stars Meryl Streep as Julia Childs (is there *any*one she couldn't play?!) and Amy Adams as Julie Powell, a young lady who decides to cook each of Julia Childs' recipes and blog about it. As someone who grew up with Julia Childs on television, this seems like a movie that would delight.

6. The other movie I want to see is Amelia, a movie about Amelia Earhart's career staring Hilary Swank. This seems like a movie worth paying whatever otherwise outrageous price movie theaters are charging these days. For me, these types of movies are few and far between.

7. I'd still like to see the new Star Trek movie.

2 comments:

TACParent said...

1. Thanks. The prayers are appreciated.

2. Take lots of hot baths. Good work!

3. This is exciting. I'll pray she gets the loan. It will make life better for her, her mom, and you guys.

4. I'm sure that made him very happy! What furniture will you buy?

5 and 6. As for movies, I want to see the Guinea Pig one. Probably not worth the money -- but I am sure I will smile and laugh watching those crazy guinea pigs.

7. It is well worth it! Live long and prosper.

Staying in Balance said...

Live long and prosper! I'm watching a Star Trek Next Gen right now on YouTube.

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku