Friday, July 10, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



1. I got to ride in a golf cart yesterday at the campground. It was a lot of fun.

2. This weekend is Bike Weekend in Gettysburg. Bike as in motorcycle. They descend on the town, like a swarm of very loud bees, but better for the economy.

3. I'm on a new medicine. So far so good. I was on the other one for 15 years. It was time for a change.

4. I'm liking this unseasonably cool weather. Very nice.

5. My husband's '72 VW bug is officially inspected. He has decided that next time, he's not going to let anyone else work on it, but we are glad it is done now.

6. I bought a dozen brown farm eggs today. And two pumpkin muffins. Oh, and the "kitty cat farm" around the corner has a bunch of new kittens. They were sitting together, huddling against the cool morning.

7. President Obama's people stated before his trip to Italy, that he and Pope Benedict would talk frankly about abortion. What they didn't say was that Pope Benedict would be sure to bring it up, so they knew they *had* to talk frankly about abortion.

4 comments:

TACParent said...

1. Super kewl!
2. Ear plugs anyone?
3. "Time for a coooolll change," is ringing in my head. Best of luck with it.
4. Me too!!! Isn't it awesome.
5. I'm surprised your dh let anybody but himself touch it. But now it is legal.
6. Yesterday I got to pick organic blueberries. Never did that before. Man, oh man, are they delicious. They had chickens there too, but we didn't get eggs.
7. Well, let's just see what Obama's definition of "frankly" is.

Staying in Balance said...

LOL, I haven't thought of that song in a long time! :D

Michele said...

hi, and thanks for visiting my blog!
glad to have you there!

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks, Marilena!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku