Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sunday Snippets

RAnn over at This That and the Other Thing is hosting Sunday Snippets. Participating bloggers will highlight their best posts of the week, link back to her blog, and then go leave a message in the combox there w/ a link.

I'm beginning to gear up after some very light posting. (I'd considered changing my blog to "The YouTube Highlight Blog" because I've just been posting YouTube vids!)

Monday, I talked about President Obama's outrageous "Preventive Detention" proposal. Wednesday, I ordered a tea cup pin and some tea from Catherine's Comfortable Tea, named after Venerable Catherine McAuley and benefiting adult education and transitional housing programs in IA. Yesterday, I posted a portion of a newsletter where Fr. John Corapi talks about the restrictions on human rights in our country, which is a direct result of the pervasive opinion that the only life worth having is a productive one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dymphna,
Thanks for the tea link. Fr. Corapi's post in his newsletter was very powerful. I received it the other day. His preaching is always right on target and he's never afraid to say what needs to be said.
Thanks for posting it.
Love your blog!

RAnn said...

Beautiful blog. Thanks for joining us.

Staying in Balance said...

Thanks, Karinann and RAnn!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku