Friday, February 20, 2009

Universalis--an aid to daily prayer

I wanted to highlight an excellent website. Universalis is a great aid to prayer and spiritual reading.

Each day, they give you the Invitatory Psalms, Office of Readings, Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, Night Prayer, and Mass Readings for the day. I especially appreciate the Office of Readings, which includes readings, not only from the Bible, but from Church Fathers. On Fridays, the daily Psalms always include Psalm 51, one of my favorites. Here is a version of the Psalm that I posted on my YouTube channel.

Look for a link to Universalis on the top of this blog. The content of the banner changes, telling us what day of the liturgical calendar we are currently celebrating.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku