Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena--Day 8

Novena Prayer--Day 8

With my heart full of the most sincere veneration, I prostrate myself before you, O Mother, to ask you to obtain for me the grace to fulfill the duties of my state in life with faithfulness and constancy. Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be..
.

That is all we are asked to do: fulfill the duties of our state in life. Like St. Therese of Lisieux and her "Little Way", we are only expected to be the best we can be in our daily lives.

Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego in 1531. It wasn't until modern technology beginning in the 20th Century, that it was discovered that in both of the eyes in the image, in the exact location that would occur in a live human eye, even accounting for its natural curvature, can be seen an image of Juan Diego showing the Bishop the tilma, an Indian (perhaps a servant) a figure known as the "translator" and in the pupil of the eye, an image of a 16th century family.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 17:8)
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pray for us!

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku