Saturday, October 04, 2008

An Amazing Blog

I wanted to highlight a blog I came across while using the "Stumble" feature on my toolbar.

Mary Lockhart lives in Oaklahoma with her husband of 48 years. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease at the age of 55 and with the help of Aricept, an Alzheimer's drug, is able to once again use the computer and write a blog.

As a daughter, niece and daughter-in-law of Alzheimer's/Dementia sufferers, I am heartened by Mary's ability and willingness to share her day to day life with the wider world.

2 comments:

Michele said...

i know someone who is close to me who is losing his memory. its sad. please pray for all those who have alzheimers, or forgetfulness or dimentia. please, keep them in your prayers!

Staying in Balance said...

Absolutely, Marilena!

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku