Monday, August 04, 2008

Regrets....I have a few....


My son (now 20) was a fussy baby. I tried blankets, toys, my own clothes...anything that might help him learn to settle down on his own.

The only thing that ever seemed to get his attention at all, was this wind up, plush pig that my friend had. It made an oink noise and moved around. My son was mesmerized by it. I should have run right out and bought it, but I never did.

To this day, EVERY TIME I pass by the toy store in the mall,I regret not having gotten him one. There is always one of these pigs right up front, making its oinking noise at me, saying, "You should have bought me!!"

Mommy guilt just doesn't go away, does it? :O

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Buy him one now! Go on :)

Staying in Balance said...

LOL! I love that idea, AutumnRose! :D

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku